Northland Laser displayed an all electric Diamond BB-4013 press brake at the recent Wisconsin Mfg. & Technology Show. This event, held every other year at State Fair Park, focuses on the chip side of the industry. For those looking for a laid back alternative to the Chicago shows it can’t be beat. It draws a surprising number of out of state visitors.
The Diamond BB-4013 is the precision electric brake designed by the engineering team that went over to Murata when Toyokoki ceased operations. They are sold exclusively by Mitsubishi in America while Murata handles Asia, the same arrangement both had with Toyokoki. The Diamond BB keeps the many strengths of Toyokoki’s original APB electric brake while offering a variety of new features and technology. It’s arguably the nicest brake its size on the market. Features include:
- 40 tons, best-in-class 51” between the frames.
- All Electric: quiet, economical, no oil, virtually no maintenance.
- Dual Ball-Screw Drive: simple (no pulleys), responsive and extremely reliable. Mitsubishi has yet to replace a ball screw on a Toyokoki, with the oldest now going on 25 years.
- Amazing Ram Repeatability: absolute rotary encoders position the ram to +/-.00004” (1 micron). That’s one more zero than a conventional hydraulic brake, or a belt-drive electric for that matter.
- Built in Japan, with Mitsubishi servo amps, motion control, and motors.
- Nice Control: PC-based, 15” color graphic screen, USB/Ethernet ports, pulse handle. Program on site or off line, software available from Radan and Metamation.
- Thickness Sensing & Correction: adjusts ram stroke on the fly.
- High-Speed Four-Axis Backgauge: X , Y, Z1 & Z2. Optional X’ (x prime) axis.
- Variety of clamping and safety guarding options.
Both the 40 ton BB-4013 and the new 6’6″ x 60 ton BB-6020 (to be shown at Fab-Tech) are priced below comparably sized precision brakes on the market. For more information give us a call at 414-801-6117.